Dr. Alpana Agarwal
Human Resource Management/Organizational Behavior
Dr. Alpana Agarwal is an Assistant Professor in the area of HR-OB. She is a MBA (Gold medalist) from Mody Institiute of Technology and Science, Laxmangarh, Rajasthan. She has over 9 years of experience in teaching and research. She had qualified UGC NET-JRF. She has carried out her Ph.D. work on a new and unique area of research i.e. 'Bio-inspired Management System’. She has nine international publications to her credit with journals of repute. Her total citation count is 35. She is also supervising a Ph.D scholar in the area of organizational change and development.
Ph.D. UGC-NET/JRF, MBA (HR), B.Sc (Biotechnology)
10 years in teaching and research
Areas of Interest
- Organization Behaviour
- Systems approach to management
- “Modeling Attributes of Human Body Organization using ISM and AHP”, Jindal Journal of Business Research, Vol. 6 (1), pp. 1-19, June 2017.
(Published by Sage, GISI- Journal Impact Factor, 2011- 2.17 - Indexing -Google Scholar, J-Gate).
- “A Bio-inspired model of organizational excellence”, Journal of Advances in Management Research, Vol. 13 (2), pp. 132-153, December 2016.
(Published by Emerald; Indexing- ABI/INFORM, Business Source Alumni Edition/Complete/Corporate Plus/Elite/Premier (EBSCO), ProQuest, ReadCube Discover, Thomson Reuters Emerging Sources Citation Index, Google Scholar).
- “A TISM based bionic model of organizational excellence”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol. 16 (4), pp. 361-376, December 2015.
(Published by Springer; Indexing- Scopus, Google Scholar, CNKI, Current Abstracts, EBSCO Business Source, EBSCO Discovery Service, EBSCO TOC Premier, OCLC, Research Papers in Economics (RePEc), SCImago, Summon by ProQuest)).
- “Line and staff functions in organizations revisited: a bionic system analogy using ISM”, Vision, Vol. 19 (2), pp. 1-15, June 2015.
(Published by SAGE, GISI- Journal Impact Factor, 2012- 1.52; Indexing- Scopus, Google Scholar, DeepDyve, EBSCO, Global Institute for Scientific Information, Indian Citation Index (ICI), J-Gate, OCLC, Proquest: Business Premium Collection, Proquest: Central, UGC).
- “Bio-inspired managerial insights for a flexible and efficient organization: a SAP-LAP analysis”, Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, Vol. 15 (4), pp. 345-361, December 2014.
(Published by Springer; Indexing- SCOPUS, Google Scholar, CNKI, Current Abstracts, EBSCO Business Source, EBSCO Discovery Service, EBSCO TOC Premier, OCLC, Research Papers in Economics (RePEc), SCImago, Summon by ProQuest).
- “An analogy between organizational and individual cultural profiles: revisiting Denison’s model of culture”, Value Based Management, Vol. 3 (2), pp. 13-26, December 2014.
(Indexing- Google Scholar).
- “Human body food supply chain and inventory models analogy: an empirical validation”, Journal of Technology Management for Growing Economies, Vol. 5 (1), pp. 63-79 April 2014.
(Indexing- Google Scholar).
- “Designing a performance management system inspired by human body organization”, International Journal of Bioassays, Vol.2 (6), pp. 889-896, June, 2013.
- “Bio-inspired models of team work: some managerial insights”, Industrial Engineering Journal, Vol. 6 (3), pp. 6-11, March 2013.
(GISI- Journal Impact Factor, 2012 - 0.4210).
Workshops & Conferences Attended
- One day MDP on ‘Advanced Excel for Business Analytics’, IBS Business School, Gurgaon (18th April, 2015).
- Two day MDP on ‘Structural Equation Modeling Using IBM AMOS & SmartPLS’, IBS Business School, Gurgaon (31st January- 1st February, 2015).
- One day MDP on ‘Finance Skills for Non-Finance Professionals’, The NorthCap University (Formerly ITM University), Gurgaon (4th July, 2014).
- Two day workshop on ‘Interpretive Structural Modeling and System Dynamics’, The NorthCap University (Formerly ITM University), Gurgaon (25th - 26th April, 2014).
- Two day workshop on ‘Statistical Research Methods using SPSS’, The NorthCap University (Formerly ITM University), Gurgaon (3rd - 4th May, 2013).
- Two-day handholding workshop on ‘Research Publications’, The NorthCap University (Formerly ITM University), Gurgaon (1st - 2nd February, 2013).
- Attended ‘National Conference on Mergers and Acquisitions- Issues, Opportunities and Challenges’, organized by Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, University of Delhi (21st- 22nd January, 2012).
- Attended ‘National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing Technologies’, organized by World College of Technology and Management, Gurgaon (12th May 2011).
Achievements & Awards
- Awarded gold medal by Mody Institute of Technology and Science (MITS), Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan in recognition of the 1st position secured in MBA program.
- Organized and coordinated Management fest ‘Arthashastra-2015’ and ‘Arthashastra-2017’ at The NorthCap University, Gurgaon.
- Done 1 year Japanese language course, Mody Institute of Technology and Science (MITS), Lakshmangarh, Rajasthan and secured 1st position in it.
- Compiled reference material for Management Development Programs organized by Department of Management Studies, Poornima School of Management, Jaipur.
Latest News & Events
- 10 Dec 18
- 8 Dec 18
- 8 Dec 18
- 8 Dec 18
- 7 Dec 18