Dr Kirti Dutta
Dean and Professor: Marketing
Dr Kirti Dutta is Dean and Professor Marketing with a rich experience of more than twenty one years including eleven years of corporate experience. Dr Kirti is a prolific researcher and writer with a number of publications to her credit. She is working on many national and international projects in the domain of branding, communications and services marketing. She has co-authored more than 70 research papers that have been published in national and international journals and conference proceedings apart from contributing chapters in a number of edited books. Her research-based textbook on “Services: Marketing, Operations and Management” (co-authored with Dr Vinnie Jauhari), has been published by Oxford University Press in 2009 and the 2nd edition of the same is under print. Her second book titled “Brand Management: Principles and Practices” has been published by the Oxford University Press in 2012. She is currently authoring her third book on Integrated Marketing Communications with OUP. Kirti had a brief stint as Associate Editor – Journal of Services Research for which she is still reviewing papers, and is also on the review panel of International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, International Journal of Technology marketing, Total Quality Management Journal (by Emerald) and African Journals of Business Management. She is on the Editorial and Advisory board of International Journal on Customer Relations. She has been reviewing papers for The International Symposium on Management, Engineering and Informatics: MEI, since 2009.
PhD in Management; M.B.A; Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education from Oxford Brookes University, UK.
21 Years of rich and varied experience in Corporate and Academia
Areas of Interest
Consumer Behaviour, Brand Management, Internet Marketing, Social Media, Marketing Communication, Services Marketing, Retail Management
- Text-book on “Brand Management: Principles and Practices”, Published by Oxford University Press, 2012.
- Co-authored text-book on “Services: Marketing, Operations and Management”, Published by Oxford University Press, 2009. 2nd edition in progress.
- Text-Book on “Integrated Marketing Communication” under publication with Oxford University Press.
Text book on Entrepreneurship: Learning and Implementation with CEGR ISBN 978-93-85000-18-8 edited by Sinha. P; Makkar, U and Dutta, K with CEGR
Chapters in Edited Books
- Dutta, K (2015), Chapter Writing a Business Plan in Entrepreneurship Learning and Implementation edited by Sinha. P; Makkar, U and Dutta, K with CEGR pp 153-167
- Dutta, K; Singh, S; Parsa, H G and Jauhari, V (2014) “Destination management and sustainability” Managing Sustainability In The Hospitality And Tourism Industry Paradigms and Directions for the Future Edited by Vinnie Jauhari, PhD Apple Academic Press, TORONTO NEW JERSEY, pp 181-226
- “Fair Trade: Empowering the Powerless”, (2012), Corporate Social Responsibility: Conceptual Framework, Practices and Key Issues; Bharti Publications, New Delhi, ISBN: 978-93-81212-35-6; pp 49-60
- “Green marketing: A tool for Sustainable Branding Strategy” (2012) in Corporate Social Responsibility: Conceptual Framework, Practices and Key Issues; by Bharti Publications ISBN: 978-93-81212-35-6 pp 121-136
- “Self sustaining models for Success in Rural Marketing”, (2012) Future Directions in Management; Bharti Publications; ISBN: 978-93-81212-19-6; Pp 557-569
- “The case of Shahnaz Husain: A Perspective of Global Products from India” published in Women: Technology and Entrepreneurship: Global case studies by Dr V Jauhari and Charla Griffy Brown, Reference Press, New Delhi, 2009, Chapter 3 pp 73-101
- “Booming pharmaceutical retail in India”, published in Recent practices in Retail in India by R K Bharadwaj and Urvashi Makkar, Bharati Book organization, New Delhi, 2009, Chapter 16, pp 200-216
- “The Biotech Industry:The case of KiranMazumdar Shaw” ” to be published in Women: Technology and Entrepreneurship: Global case studies by Dr V Jauhari and Charla Griffy Brown, Reference Press, New Delhi, 2009, Chapter 2, pp 40-72
- “Internet banking adoption in a developing country: the case of India” in Technology and Innovation in Marketing compiled by Rajat Gera Chapter 1, pp 3-15
- “E-tailing: Issues in online purchase: A Perspective on current internet shopping in India” in Technology and Innovation in Marketing compiled by Rajat Gera Chapter 2, pp 16-28
- “Technology acceptance for Mobile commerce – a consumer perspective”, Advances in Technology and Innovation in Marketing, Edited by Rajat Gera, Chapter 7, pp 77-84
- “Websites as a promotional tool in the marketing of education: An Indian Perspective” in Innovation in redefining business horizons edited by Dr J Rajan
- Venkatesh, U. and Dutta, K. (2008) Foreign direct investment in the indian real estate sector – Problems and prospects, in Globalization and Sectoral Development, Eds. R. Agrawal, R. Banga and A.N. Bhattacharya. New Delhi: Excel Books. p. 297-311
Research publications in International Journals
- Bharath M. Josiam, Daniel L. Spears, Sanjukta A. Pookulangara, Kirti Dutta, Tammy Kinley &.Jennifer L. Duncan “Using Structural Equation Modeling To Understand The Impact Of Bollywood Movies On Destination Image, Tourist Activity, And Purchasing Behavior Of Indians.”, Journal of Vacation Marketing, (2015). DOI: 10.1177/1356766715573650
- Dutta; Parsa; Parsa; Bujisic (2014) “Change in consumer patronage and willingness to pay at different levels of service attributes in restaurants: A study from India” Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism 15:2, 149-174, DOI: 10.1080/1528008X.2014.889533 link to this article: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/1528008X.2014.889533
- Josiam, Bharath M. Ph.D.; Spears, Daniel Ph.D.; Dutta, Kirti Ph.D.; Pookulangara, Sanjukta A. Ph.D.; and Kinley, Tammy L. Ph.D. (2014) "“Namastey London”: Bollywood Movies and Their Impact on how Indians Perceive European Destinations," Hospitality Review: Vol. 31: Iss. 4, Article 2. Available at: http://digitalcommons.fiu.edu/hospitalityreview/vol31/iss4/2
- Dutta, Kirti and Singh, Swati (2014), “Deriving customer satisfaction and loyalty from organized retailers sales promotion activities in India”, International Journal of Sales, Retailing and Marketing, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp 21-32
- Dutta Kirti and Singh, Swati (2014) "Applying Theory of Planned Behavior to Understand the Behavior towards Healthy Food Brands of Indian Housewives", (2014) IUP Journal of Brand Management, Vol. 11,
- Dutta K, Singh S and Singh S (2014) “Koutons Retail India Ltd.: Fight for Survival” IUP Journal of Entrepreneurship Development Vol. XI, No. 1, 2014
- Dutta, Kirti, Singh, Swati; Malhotra, P (2013) “Purchase behaviour towards branded healthy food: A study of Indian housewives”, ABS International Journal of Management, Volume 1, Issue 2
- Dutta, Kirti, Singh, Swati; (2013) "Healthy food behavior and Celebrity endorsement for healthy food brands: A study of Indian housewives ", IUP Journal of Brand Management. Vol. 10
- Dutta, Kirti, Singh, Swati; (2013) “Customer Perception of CSR and its impact on retailer evaluation and purchase intention in India”; Journal of Services Research; Volume 13, Issue 1; Pp 121-138
- H.G. Parsa, Amy Gregory, John. T. Self, Kirti Dutta. (2013) “Consumer Behaviour In Restaurants: Assessing The Importance Of Restaurant Attributes In Consumer Patronage And Willingness To Pay”; Journal of Services Research, (2013) Vol. 12; Issue 2; Pp 30-57
- Kirti Dutta, Urvashi Makkar ‘Modularization of the Automotive Supply Chain: The value driver’, Journal of IMS Group, 2010, Vol. 7, Issue 2, pp 57-63
- ‘Hospitality Internship Placements: Analysis for United Kingdom and India’ Journal of Services Research, 2010 Volume 10 Issue 1 pp 85-99
- “Managing online distribution for tourism growth in India” Worldwide Hospitality And Tourism Themes (Emerald group), Vol. 1., Issue 1, 2009, pp 40-51
- Kirti Dutta, VenkateshUmashankar, Gunae Choi, H. G. Parsa “A comparative study of Consumers green practice orientation in India and the US – A study from the restaurant industry”, Journal of Foodservice Business Research, Vol. 11, Issue 3, 2008
- Kirti Dutta, Urvashi Makkar “Attributes affecting the growth of online banking: a consumer perspective”, International Journal of Technology Marketing, Vol. 3, Issue 4, 2008 pp 376-391.
- “Balanced Scorecard in managing higher education institutions – An Indian Perspective” International Journal of Education Management, Bradford: 2007. Vol. 21, Iss. 1; p. 54
- Kirti Dutta, UmashankarVenkatesh, H.G. Parsa “Service failure and recovery strategies in the restaurant sector: An Indo-US comparative study”, International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, Vol. 19, No. 5, 2007, pp 351-363.
- Kirti Dutta and Anil Dutta, “Customer expectations and perceptions across the Indian Banking industry and the resultant financial implications”, Journal of Services Research, 2009, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp 31-49.
Research publications in National Journal
- GulamRasul and Kirti Dutta, “Marketing of library services in the era of competitiveness”, International Journal of Library Science, Vol. 01, No. 01, 2010, pp. 74-85.
- Kirti Dutta and Urvashi Makkar, ‘Modularization of the Automotive Supply Chain: The value driver’, Journal of IMS Group (listed in Cabells Management Diectory, US), 2010, Vol. 7, Issue 2, pp 57-63
- Kirti Dutta, “Consumer Beliefs and Attitudes towards advertising media A study of Indian women”, Indian Journal of Marketing, 2009, Vol. 39, Issue 12, pp 23-28
- Kirti Dutta, “Branding and its effect on Purchasing Process of Urban Indian Women”, Biz N’ Bytes, 2010, Vol. 3.
- Kirti Dutta and Urvashi Makkar “Booming pharmaceutical retail in India – an insight”, Journal of IMS Group, (listed in Cabell’s Management Directory, USA), Vol. 4, No. 2.
- Dr Durgamohan and Kirti Dutta, “The Rural Market of India: Strategic Marketing approach for successful positioning”, IMSAR Genesis, Vol. 2.
Papers presented in International Conference
- Dutta, Kirti and Singh, Swati (2014)“Customer engagement through co-creation: Applying Theory of Planned behavior” 2014 Annual Conference of Emerging Markets “Listening To Consumers Of Emerging Markets”, Jan 09-11, 2014, IIM Lucknow.
- “Gender Matters: Examining Influence of Bollywood on Purchase of Fashion” At Recent Advances in Retailing and Services Science, Philadelphia, U.S.A. a Conference of the European Institute of Retailing and Services Studies (EIRASS conference), July 7-10, 2013
- “Using Structural Equation Modeling To Understand The Impact Of Bollywood Movies On Destination Image, Tourist Activity & Purchasing Behavior Of Indians’ at International Conference on Tourism, Macau, organized by Asia Pacific CHRIE Conference; May 21 to May 24, 2013
- “The impact of Bollywood on the activities and behaviors of Indian Tourists – An empirical Study” at World convention on Hospitality, Tourism and Event Research, Bangkok, Thailand by WHTER ICES, May 26-28, 2013
- “Customer Satisfaction during Sales promotion in Organized Retail in India”; at Emerging Economies International Conference by IIM Ahmedabad; 10th- 11th Jan 2013
- “Purchase behavior towards branded healthy food: A study of Indian housewives”, International Conference on Innovation, Creativity, Ethics in Current Business Scenario, Noida Asia Business School, 15th March 2013
- “Exploring the relationship between Knowledge Assets and effective Customer Service Delivery”; One Billion Tourists – One Billion Opportunities; Chandigarh by UIHMT, Panjab University, Chandigarh, 15-16th February 2013
- “Tourism in India: Enhancing Tourism Flow” Dr H. G. Parsa Seminar on “One Billion Tourists – One Billion Opportunities” Chandigarh UIHMT, Panjab University, Chandigarh 15-16th February 2013
- “Using the Involvement Construct to Understand the Impact of Bollywood on the Activities and Behaviors of Indian Tourists: An Empirical Study”; at Business and Entrepreneurship Development in a Globalized Era Bagkok, Thailand; by Academy for Global Business Advancement (AGBA), 10th Annual World Congress; June 15 to 17, 2013
- “Service Quality Analysis of Retail Sales Promotion”, at ABS Seed 2012, Business Stratgies for Economic evolution & development; by Noida Asia Business School,
- “Assessing the Relative Importance of Restaurant Attributes in Consumer Patronage” presented at the 5th International Conference On Services Management organized by Oxford Brookes University, Pennsylvania State University, USA and IIMT at The LeelaKempinski , Gurgaon on May 19-21, 2011
- "The role of commitment and loyalty in building customer relationships for social media sites" at 1st International conference on Tourism and technology 2011 at IIT Delhi on 7th - 9th July, 2011.
- “Research Methods for the Study of Brand History in the International Hotel Industry” With David Bowie presented at the 4th International Conference on Services Management held at Barceló Hotel, Oxford organized by Oxford Brookes University, Pennsylvania State University, USA and IIMT on 8th – 9th May, 2009
- “Consumer information sources and Effectiveness of Advertising Media: an analysis of India, Turkey and New Zealand” presented at the 4th International Conference on Services Management held at Barceló Hotel, Oxford organized by Oxford Brookes University, Pennsylvania State University, USA and IIMT on 8th – 9th May, 2009
- “Hospitality Internships: Analysis for United Kingdom and India” presented at the 4th International Conference on Services Management held at Barceló Hotel, Oxford organized by Oxford Brookes University, Pennsylvania State University, USA and IIMT on 8th - 9th May, 2009
- Venkatesh, U., Dutta, K. and Misra, K. (2008) Service quality perceptions of customers of organized retail in India – A customer service context, presented at the International Conference on Services Management – 2008, May 9-10, Penn State University, U.S.A
- Attended Research Conference at Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK on 2nd June, 2008
- “Corporate Governance: Learning best practices from developed countries and implications for the BRIC countries” to be presented at International Conference on Convergence of Corporate Governance Norms, organized by IIT Kharagpur on 5-6, September, 2009.
- “Technology acceptance for mobile commerce- A consumer perspective” presented at International Conference on Technology and Innovation in Marketing on 20-21 February at IMT, Ghaziabad, University of Newcastle, Australia and Eric Sprott School of Business, Carleton University, Canada.
- Kirti Dutta and M Durgamohan, “Corporate Social strategy: Pertinence and relevance in the Indian context”, presented in the 11th Annual Convention of the Strategic Management Forum held at IIT, KANPUR in May 2008
- “Websites as a promotional tool in the marketing of education: An Indian Perspective”, at International Conference on Innovation in redefining business horizons, organized by Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad, India, Association of Indian Management Schools(AIMS), India, University of New Castle Australia, and Euromed Marseille Ecole de Management Domaine FRANCE
- “E-tailing: Issues in online purchase: A Perspective on current internet shopping in India” to be presented at the International Conference on Technology and Innovation in Marketing on 18-19 April, 2008 at IMT Ghaziabad
- “Internet banking adoption in a developing country: the case of India” at the International Conference on Technology and Innovation in Marketing on 18-19 April, 2008 at IMT Ghaziabad
- Kirti Dutta and DrDurgamohan, Corporate Social Responsibility – A Tool for Sustainable Future International Conference On Expanding Horizons of Indian Business & Indian Management -2008 February 19-20, 2008 at Indian Business Academy, Greater Noida.
- DrVenkatesh and Kirti Dutta, “The Application and utility of Balanced Scorecard in Managing Higher Education Programs and Institutions” Presented at National Seminar on Strategic Management in Developing nations: Emerging Paradigm, organized by VBS Purvanchal University.
- Kirti Dutta, VenkateshUmashankar, Gunae Choi, H. G. Parsa “A comparative study of Consumers’ Green Practice Orientation in India and USA”, at 2nd International Conference on Services Management hosted by Pennsylvania State University and IIMT-Oxford Brookes University on June 1-2, 2007
- Venkatesh, U. and Dutta, Kirti (2006) Foreign direct investment in the Indian real estate sector – Problems and prospects, presented in the 4th Annual International Conference on Globalization &Sectoral Development jointly organized by the Academy of International Business (AIB) and the Institute for Integrated Learning in Management (IILM), New Delhi, India, 17-19 February 2006, New Delhi, India
- “Entrepreneurial ethics as a source of Business Excellence” presented at International Summit on Service Excellence organized by IIMT Gurgaon at Radission Hotel on 20th Jan 2006 2nd International Conference on Services Management-2007, at Radisson, New Delhi, organized by Pennsylvania State University, USA and IIMT – Oxford Brookes University.
- Delivered FDP on “Innovative Teaching Methods” at Jaipuria institute in June 2013
- Delivered 2 days FDP on Brand Management at LPU in June 2012
- Ivey League Case Writing Workshop from May 26-29, 2014 at IMI, New Delhi
- Delivered a session in the MDP on Customer Centric Approach and Branding PSEs in Advanced Leadership Programme for senior and middle level executives from India’s Public Sector companies at Indian Institute of Public Administration on 24th November, 2015.
- Delivered MDP on “Role of Social Media in Government Public Interaction” on 24th August, 2015 at Ministry of Home Affairs
- Delivered MDP on Communication for Branding strategy at NTPC on 29th November, 2014 for Additional General Managers and above
- Delivered MDP on ‘Branding in Communications: Case of NTPC’ at NTPC, in January, 2014 for Additional General Managers and above
- Delivered MDP on ‘Communications for building Brand Equity’ at NTPC, on 28 March, 2014 for Additional General Managers and above
- Delivered lectures on Brand Management, Advertising, and Sales promotion management in 3 days EDP ON Marketing Management for Probationers’ of Indian Postal Services at Postal Staff College, Ghaziabad on 3th -5th April, 2010
- “Train the trainers” lecture series at BSNL training centre, Ghaziabad, delivered two sessions on “Visibility Planning for the Services Sector” in 2008.
Latest News & Events
26 Feb 17
25 Feb 17
22 Feb 17
22 Feb 17
22 Feb 17