Business Summit 2.0
G.L. Bajaj Institute of Management & Research. PGDM Institute, Greater Noida conducted Business Summit 2.0 on “Emerging Strategies and Changing Paradigm of Marketing Post COVID-19” on Friday, July 17, 2020 for the students of PGDM Batch 2019-21 & 2020-22 under the insightful headship of Mr. Pankaj Agarwal, Vice Chairman, GL Bajaj Educational Institutions and in the patronage of Dr. Ajay Kumar, Director, GLBIMR.
The panel of the summit was graced by the esteemed presence of renowned industry leaders like Mr. Kaushlesh Maheshwari, President (S&M), Mangalam Cement Limited, Dr. Bharti Taneja, Founder and Director, Alps Beauty Group, Mr. Nitish Jha, Founder, Healthy Souls, Ms. Khyati Minglani, Owner and Founder, Trailblazer PR, Mr. Pallav Chaturvedi, Director, Deloitte India, Mr. Vikrant Bhargav, Vice President, Kinesso, Mr. Souvik Chakravorty, VP Strategy, Business Development, Aditya Birla Group, Mr. Alok Garg, Vice President, KareXpert Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Dr. Sharad Saxena, Ph.D, MBA, London School of Economics, Ms. Jasmin Kumar, Founder, RAYZ International Preschool and Ms. Shweta Chaudhary, Actor, Entrepreneur & Social Activist.
The event started with invocation of Goddess Saraswati. In his address, Dr. Ajay Kumar, Director, GLBIMR shared his valuable insights and discussed about VUCA world and how the entire world is changing due to COVID-19. During the session, the experts shared their viewpoints:
1. Mr. Kaushlesh Maheshwari discussed the benefits of digital proximity over physical distancing. He also shared how technology helped Mangalam Cement to achieve productivity and sales target during COVID-19.
2. Dr. Bharti Taneja shared how they prepared themselves to deal with COVID-19 challenges and gave training to their employees to make sure that the clients feel safe and secure in the clinic. She added that she take clients' feedback and remove any apprehension about safety measures.
3. Mr. Nitish Jha talked about how businesses have started using digital platforms and putting more budgets on Facebook and Instagram as cost of advertisements have come down on these digital platforms.
4. Ms. Khyati Minglani stated that all companies across the globe are leveraging the digital space to enhance their sales.
5. Mr. Pallav Chaturvedi discussed the three phases of any crisis - Respond, Recover and Thrive. He also talked about the impact of COVID-19 on consumers, channel partners, brands and influencers.
6. Mr. Vikrant Bhargav shared that companies have started reducing their budget on branding as it is going more towards lead generation and conversion into sales. He added that focus is more towards marketing or digital analytics.
7. Mr. Souvik Chakravorty stated that consumption of digital content has gone up significantly like Google classroom, Coursera etc. He added that hyper personalization has become a key factor in marketing the products.
8. Mr. Alok Garg said that it’s time to accelerate E-Commerce and hoped that Made in India will see surge again. He added that domestic travel will shine as compared to international travel.
9. Dr. Sharad Saxena also shared his viewpoint on the topic.
10. Ms. Jasmin Kumar shared that COVID-19 has changed the structure of school's education in India. She added that teachers and students have adapted to the online mode of learning very fast.
11. Ms. Shweta Chaudhary shared her thoughts on how life has changed in COVID-19 era. She said that we need to focus more on how to engage customers on the digital platforms.
More than 400 participants from different colleges, companies and other countries participated in the event. It was a detailed and thought provoking session which gave a new perspective to understand various different aspects and also enhanced the knowledge of the participants. Finally the session concluded with Vote of Thanks.
Latest News & Events
- 25 Jul 20
- 24 Jul 20
- 22 Jul 20
- 21 Jul 20