Business Summit 3.0
G.L. Bajaj Institute of Management & Research. PGDM Institute, Greater Noida conducted Business Summit 3.0 - “Global Pandemic and Economic Environment: Challenges, Prospects and Growth” on Saturday, July 25, 2020 for the students of PGDM Batch 2019-21 & 2020-22 under the insightful headship of Mr. Pankaj Agarwal, Vice Chairman, GL Bajaj Educational Institutions and in the patronage of Dr. Ajay Kumar, Director, GLBIMR.
The panel of the summit was graced by the esteemed presence of renowned academic and corporate leaders like Dr. Anoop Pant, Professor, Sharda University, Dr. Prasoom Dwivedi, Professor of Economics, UPES University, Dr. Gurendra Nath Bhardwaj, Professor, NIIT University, Rajasthan, Dr. Sudhanshu Joshi, Professor, Doon University, Dr. Meenal Sharma Jagtap, HoD Management, TIPS, New Delhi, Mr. Deepak Jalan, Founder & CEO, HRHONCHOS, Consulting and Solutions and Mr. Sujit Kumar, National Programme Coordinator, Department of Science & Technology, New Delhi.
The event started with invocation of Goddess Saraswati. In his address, Dr. Ajay Kumar, Director, GLBIMR stated that for the last four months, all economies of the world are struggling with financial and industrial crisis. He also highlighted that 80 million people lost their jobs and that has adversely affected global economy and government is trying hard to minimize its impact but overall scenario remains very bleak. He also shared that policy makers are leaving no stone unturned to revive the economy however recent floods increased the challenges for central and state government in our country. During the session, the guest expert speakers shared their viewpoints:
1. Dr. Anoop Pant shared that the government is taking multiple measures to overcome this crisis through fiscal and monetary policies. He also emphasized to make policies for poor people quickly and efficiently.
2. Dr. Prasoom Dwivedi emphasized that the balance of forces have to be maintained to devise sustainable solutions. He also stated that it is easy to nudge the behaviour of poor people looking at the Dharavi Model in Mumbai.
3. Dr. Gurendra Nath Bhardwaj shared the measures to overcome these challenges like trust in government, better law and order situation, entrepreneurship promotion, etc.
4. Dr. Sudhanshu Joshi highlighted the issues being faced by policy makers to revive the economy. He also emphasized on the role of digital platforms in healthcare, education and communication sector.
5. Dr. Meenal Sharma Jagtap stated that pandemic has caused regional imbalance therefore we need a fresh view on national manufacturing policies. She also stated that service sector requires fresh impetus to revive and avoid unemployment.
6. Mr. Deepak Jalan expressed his positive views on economic recovery and shared that E-Commerce, ITES, Transport-Supply Chain, Utilities sector will grow in coming times. He emphasized that in this digital era students need to focus on new emerging technologies as per the new normal.
More than 300 participants from different countries participated in the event. It was a thought provoking session which gave a new perspective to understand various aspects and also enhanced the knowledge of the participants. Finally the session concluded with Vote of Thanks
Latest News & Events
- 25 Jul 20
- 24 Jul 20
- 22 Jul 20
- 21 Jul 20