Virtual Induction Program - 2020 (Day-1: Session 3)
G.L. Bajaj Institute of Management & Research. PGDM Institute, Greater Noida organized Virtual Induction Program - 2020 on “Corporate Expectations & Insights for Aspiring Managers Post COVID-19” on Monday, September 7, 2020 for the students of PGDM Batch 2020-22 under the patronage of Mr. Pankaj Agarwal, Vice Chairman, GL Bajaj Educational Institutions and in the insightful headship of Dr. Ajay Kumar, Director, GLBIMR.
The Chief Guest of the session was Dr. Vinayshil Gautam, Founder Director IIM- Kozhikode, 1st Head Management Dept. IIT-D & Chairman - D K International Foundation. The panel of the session was graced by the esteemed presence of renowned industry leaders like Mr. Pankaj Rai, Managing Director, Quality Austria Central Asia Pvt. Ltd., Dr. Girija Bharat, Director, Mu Gamma Consultants Pvt. Ltd., Dr. Rahul Chandra, Joint Director, Institute of Company Secretaries of India, Mr. Shantanu Chakraborthy, Sr. Director - Marketing, Concentrix and Mr. Ankush Madan, Co-Founder & Director, Opulence Wealth Labs Pvt. Ltd.
The session started with an invocation to Goddess Saraswati. Mr. Pankaj Agarwal welcomed the students of PGDM Batch 2020-22 and stated that Induction is the beginning of the new phase of their life. He shared the magical words to achieve success in life i.e. Learn, Act, Discover and You. He suggested the students to convert challenges into opportunities and never let go of any opportunity of learning unattended. He also encouraged the students to move forward on the path of continuous learning and development.
Dr. Vinayshil Gautam stated that present scenario has taken a dramatic shift and workplaces have changed too because of the technological innovations. He emphasized on the importance of resilient skills as they prepare us to deal with various challenges. He also shared that sincerity of thoughts, indent and action are the keys to success. He added that in order to sustain, new learning system having interdisciplinary education is the need of the hour and New Education Policy is a way forward in this regard.
Dr. Ajay Kumar stated that challenges are multifold in today’s time but nothing is impossible in front of sincere human efforts. He guided the students about how to deal with various challenges such as fear, uncertainty, disappointments and frustrations. He added that self discipline and determination must be embraced to fight these challenges. He also suggested that to be a winner we need to have a positive attitude to achieve the desired milestone.
During the session, the expert speakers shared their viewpoints:
1. Mr. Pankaj Rai stated that we need to understand the difference between teaching and learning and marks vs skills. He shared that CGPA + up skilling is the perfect combination as corporate need somebody who can deliver with performance. He suggested not to compare yourself with others and devote time to introspect who you are to have a deeper analysis of your personality.
2. Dr. Girija Bharat stated that one can make a difference as everybody is capable of doing it by simply unleashing their potential. She added that today’s world is not about competition but collaborations. She shared that New Education Policy is the testimony of preparation of the same having integrations of streams with blended learning approach. She further elaborated that today’s managers need to be SMART i.e. Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-Oriented.
3. Dr. Rahul Chandra stated that right attitude is important for learning. He added that in real corporate life every day could be a challenge. So to learn things differently and do things perfectly is the need of the hour. He also suggested everyone to listen to the expert speakers of various fields to influence their subconscious mind.
4. Mr. Shantanu Chakraborthy laid emphasis on the importance of digital skills which is the need of the hour. He stated that one must be able to connect with people as managing people well is the key to success. He suggested all to develop a desired personality with correct body language and interpersonal skills.
5. Mr. Ankush Madan stated that with positive attitude one can achieve anything and added that we all have failures but how we react to it would determine our career growth. He added that to be an achiever one needs to be honest and disciplined in their approach.
The session also witnessed the unveiling of GLBIMR’s Bi-Annual Journal- “Optimization: Journal of Research in Management and Bi-Annual Magazine- “Nouvelle”.
It was a thought provoking session which enhanced the knowledge of the participants. Finally the session concluded with Vote of Thanks.